Adam is available for a limited number of keynotes, trainings, book readings and other events for 2012 and 2013. To inquire about his availability, email adam@adampertman or submit online contact form.
Full List of Conference & Media Appearances:
- May 17, 2012 – Executive Director Adam Pertman conducted a Webinar hosted by the Center for Adoption Support and Education, entitled “Untangling the Web: How the Internet is reshaping search, reunion and adoption itself.” For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/I7KB6D.
- April 27 & 28, 2012– At the 33rd Annual American Adoption Congress Conference, took place in Denver, Pertman presented a workshop, “Scams and Scruples: What Should We Do About Unethical Adoptions?” on the 27th; then, on the 28th, he joined a legislative panel discussion, “Dismantling the Barriers to Identity Access.” For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/H5819Y.
- April 16, 2012 – The Adoption Institute and the Lesbian and Gay Center of New York co-sponsored an evening event entitled “All Families Matter: A Conversation about Election Year Politics, LGBT Families and What’s Good for Our Children.” The featured speakers were political strategist and CNN contributor, Hilary Rosen, and Institute Executive Director Adam Pertman. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/GX52XH or email email@example.com.
- March 30, 2012– The Institute, in collaboration with The Rudd Adoption Research Program at the University of Massachusetts, hosted a conference on the UMass campus entitled “New Worlds of Adoption: Navigating the Teen Years.” For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/zvT3eW.
- March 11, 2012– Pertman discussed “Adoption Through the Generations” in his keynote presentation at the 18th Annual Ametz Adoption and the Family Conference in New York at the Conference Center on 130 E. 59th Street. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/x1QzCU.
- March 8, 2012 – Pertman gave the opening address, on the subject of adoption on the internet, at the Seventh Annual Wells Conference on Adoption Law at Capital University Law School in Columbus, OH. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/wJc7ic.
- February 3, 2012 – Executive Director Adam Pertman will presented “Keeping the Promise: Adoption in the 21st Century” to members of The My TreeHouse community in Dallas. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/yKsidI.
- October 30, 2011 – Pertman is quoted in a USA Today article that discusses a current storyline on the hit-show Glee and argues that it does not accurately depict the truths of adoption. To read the entire article, go to: http://usat.ly/sEvDTE.
- October 28, 2011 – The Huffington Post ran a blog posting from Pertman entitled “From Steve Jobs to Kids in Foster Care: Lessons During National Adoption Month.” To read the entire article, go to: http://huff.to/v7WTPf.
- October 25, 2011 – In the Denver Post, an article by Colleen O’Connor, “More and more, adoptions being made out of foster care,” quotes Pertman regarding the increase in adoptions from foster care and the need for post-adoption support services. To read the article, go to: http://bit.ly/tt35C2.
- October 14, 2011 – Caryn Sullivan refers to Pertman and Adoption Nation in an article entitled “Adoption: Change is afoot” that appeared in the St. Paul Pioneer Press. To read the article, go to: http://bit.ly/rsmZII.
- October 13, 2011 – Adoption Institute’s Annual Event in Los Angeles, California. For more information, go to: http://www.adoptioninstitute.org/events/LA_FY12.php.
- October 6, 2011 – Pertman was featured on an ABC Nightline segment that focused on the life of Steve Jobs and addressed the question of nature vs. nurture; that is, did the fact that Jobs was adopted affect his success? To view the segment, go to: http://abcn.ws/rXCDlg.
- September 23, 2011 – Keynote presenter at the Coordinators2 Inc., the Lifetime Adoption Experience conference in Virginia.
- September 16, 2011 – “Mothering in the Middle,” a blog for new mid-life mothers, posted an excerpt from Pertman’s new book, Adoption Nation, entitled “Don’t Whisper, Don’t Lie – It’s Not a Secret Anymore.” To read the excerpt, go to: http://bit.ly/nzFgxv.
- September 15, 2011 – A commentary by Executive Director Adam Pertman – entitled “With So Many Kids Who Need Families, Why Are We Rejecting Parents?” – appeared in the Huffington Post. To read the commentary, go to: http://huff.to/p5Jjjn.
- August 19, 2011 – Pertman appeared on the Today show discussing birthfather rights as a preview for a Dateline segment on a contested adoption. To see the Dateline segment, go to: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/#44209050.
- August 16, 2011 – Pertman is featured in an ABC News article about a mother and daughter who were reunited after being victims of an adoption scam 34 years earlier. To read the article, go to: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/seymour-fenichel-baby-mother-reunited-34-years-adoption/story?id=14314781.
- July 27, 2011 – Participated in an invitation-only Innovation Forum hosted by the Rockefeller Foundation in New York.
- July 27, 2011 – In an article on ABC News, “Graying Adoptees Still Searching for Their Identities,” Pertman discussed the need for adult adoptees to have access to their original birth certificates. To read the article, go to: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/adult-adoptees-fight-access-original-birth-certificates/story?id=11230246.